Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Day 1 - June 6

Day 1, Monday June 6

Got away from NOTL, on time at 9:00am, I have this motorcycle packing down to a science now, and it only takes about 4 hours to collect everything I need and pack, not 4 days as before, plus it all fits in my bags.

All of today was travelling on the Thruway (I-90) from Buffalo to Amsterdam, NY and then North to Lake George.  Saw lots of bikes heading this way on my way here as well.

Rode with a fellow Kawasaki (Vulcan 1500) rider for about 16km into Lake George, he lived in the area, and was most helpful in getting me onto I-87 North for the last 40km to here.  His vest had a US Marines Leatherneck patch, but I did not fine out how old his Grandmother was, maybe we will meet up again.

A long day and Interstates are not my favourite, but it moves you over the distance, and I maintained 120km for most of it. 

Americade is amazing, very well organized, and VERY helpful people.

But the real action is a night, when everyone cruises back and forth on Canada Street (Route 9), with all the bikes lit up.  I saw one with 1,000wats of LED lighting, brighter than most headlights, what a show.


Tuesday is trade show day for me, looking for new tires, I hope..

No comments:

Post a Comment