Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day 2 - June 7

Day 2 - Tuesday, June 7

I am devoting today for my visit to the mega trade show, which is held in two venues, one on Million Dollar Beach and the other one inside in the convention centre.  There are well over 350 vendors, selling all kinds of stuff from Insurance to rubber snakes (plus some snake oil or a product that is a metal polish and a salad dressing).  My main interest is finding new tires for the bike at a good price, I am looking for a good deal on Dunlops or Mettzelers, what I do find is pretty high prices, in fact I can order these on line for much less.  OK, next project is replace my brand new HCJ helmet before my left ear bleeds out all my blood -  very painful indeed.



So both JM Communications and Sierra Electronics have booths, and seeing the painful and untested headset came from JM and sold through Sierra, I head to Sierra with my helmet and headset.  First comment from the guy, "you have to drill out a space in the Styrofoam for these to fit", not that there is any reference to this procedure in the box, OK, can you do it?, yes $20, comeback in 30minutes.  They have a team on site, of very skilled technicians, so in 30 minutes, my HJC helmet has become my new friend and the untested headset, works like a charm, so Ganzeconomics has worked again, by spending $1000+ to get here, and for a few dollars more - $20, you too can have great communications gear on a motorcycle.
In the evening I attended three back to back seminars on motorcycle safety, international travel by motorcycle to France and Germany, and how to write articles for motorcycle magazines, more on this later, as I have a desire to get into print and have made several contacts here at Americade, again this was on my Americade "to do list".

Another evening of lights and action on the strip. 

Now when you think everything takes place at night, I could fell you in on an encounter at the motorcycle trade show area by the luggage display, maybe for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment